Mr. Robinson has also represented numerous clients with vehicular assault and vehicular homicide cases with great success over the years.
Colorado Drunk Driving Laws
First Excess B.A.C. 0.08 Driving Offenses, Effective 1/1/09
Call Driver Services at 303.205.5613 to confirm the specific requirements for reinstating your driving privilege
Your first episode of driving with a B.A.C. of 0.08 or greater results in a 9-month revocation. The revocation remains in effect until you complete the reinstatement process.
- ALL Excess B.A.C. reinstatements are processed by mail. .You should begin the reinstatement process approximately 1 month before you expect to reinstate
- If you were 21 or older at the time of the violation, are a Colorado resident, and have no other unsatisfied license restraints, you may reinstate after only 1 month of revocation provided you install an Ignition Interlock Device (Interlock) in every vehicle you own or may drive.
- If your B.A.C. was below 0.17, you reinstate early, drive only an Interlock vehicle and do not have any B.A.C. when you drive, you may be eligible for an unrestricted license after 4 consecutive months of successful Interlock driving.
(9-month revocation): You must
- Provide an SR22 from your insurance company and maintain it for 9 months following reinstatement (3 years if you were involved in an accident);
- Complete an Alcohol Certification, Form DR2598;
- Complete an Application for Reinstatement, DR28709; and,
- Mail the SR22, the Alcohol Certification and the Application along with your personal check or money order for $95 to the address provided on the Application.
(1-month revocation plus 8-month Interlock): In addition to items 1-4, you must maintain the SR22 for a minimum of 3 years regardless of whether there was an accident and:
- Have an Interlock installed in every vehicle you either own or may drive (call any provider for appt.); Include the notarized Restricted License Ignition Interlock Agreement Affidavit, DR2058, and include a signed copy of each Interlock lease agreement and of each installation certificate.
High B.A.C Offender
In addition to items 1, 3, 4 & 5. If your B.A.C. was 0.17 or more, whether or not you reinstate early, you must
- Enroll in and complete Level II Alcohol Education and Therapy
- Include the Affidavit of Enrollment, DR 2643. (Omit Item 2 above)
- Have an Interlock restricted license for at least 2 years following reinstatement.
Approximately 3 weeks after we receive your Application with ALL required documents, we will send you a Letter of Clearance. You MUST then apply for a license at any Colorado Driver License Office. Only after you have the license in hand is it lawful for you to drive. For further assistance, call Driver Services at 303.205.5613.
Colorado’s Only Authorized Interlock Providers
Draeger | 800.332.6858
Guardian | 800.499.0994
National | 800.475.5490
Smart Start | 900.880.3394
While your privilege to drive is Interlock restricted:
Your Interlock restriction may be extended if you on 3 or more occasions drink ANY alcohol before you attempt to drive – even if you drink the night before you attempt to drive.
Your privilege to drive will be revoked for at least 1 year if even once you drive a non-equipped vehicle or try to circumvent or bypass the Interlock under any circumstances.
Did an excellent job for my Wife's third DUI
Mr. Robinson was always there for my Wife and I while she was being tortured by the Government for her third DUI over a fifteen year time frame. She was looking at serving a one year sentence. She did get the mandatory minimum sentence of 100 days, but it could have been so much worse that. Gregory was always attentive and responded very quickly to all of or questions during the proceedings. After serving some of her time Gregory was able to get the last third of her sentence on Home Detention. This required and extra appearance and a lot of preparation. But Mr. Robinson was all over it when the appropriate time came. I highly recommend Mr. Robinson as he obviously understands the courts and judges here in the Denver metro area. His Office is easily accessible in downtown Denver. If I ever get into any trouble of my own I am calling Mr. Robinson FIRST. I learned over the course of this difficult time that if we placed our trust in him and followed his instructions everything was going to be OK. Today it is OK. We can’t thank you enough Greg! Thank you very much for everything you did for us.
~ Shannon and Necole